Josh Taylor, 21, is Scotland’s top amateur boxer and competed in the London 2012 Olympics where he made the quarter-finals.
under the tutelage of Terry McCormack at Lochend ABC in Edinburgh. He quickly established himself as one of Scotland’s best amateurs and has represented his country many times. In 2010 he boxed for Scotland at the Commonwealth Games in Delhi where he secured silver in the 60kg Lightweight category
• 2012 Olympic Games quarter finalist
• 2010 Commonwealth Games silver medallist
1) What is your greatest sporting achievement to date?
probably CWG 2010 silver medal & London 2012 Olympics
2) What will be your greatest sporting challenge this year?
The Glasgow 2014 CWG (commonwealth games)
3) What or who got you hooked into your sport?
It was just curiosity at first and a change from taekwon-do.
But when I went to the first class I was hooked immediately
4) Who is your sporting hero?
Muhammad Ali, Manny Pacquiao
5) 95% of all sportswear bought in the UK is imported. What is your opinion on that?
I don't really think about that kind of stuff, I just focus on what I want to achieve. World champion!
6) How do you relax and what's your poison of choice?
I like to take my dogs out for long walks along the coast, or just sit n relax with friends, family n my girlfriend. Nandos tends to be top suspect when I'm Training
7) You're chopping wood, do you use a chainsaw or an axe?
An axe ! The feeling of hardwork, taking hard challenges and victory are second to none.
8) How would you like to be remembered?
Hopefully remembered as a person, brave, determined, fearless and world champion!
9) Haggis yes or no?
10) Beards are back in fashion, do you ever imagine a bearded boxer sporting the chin heather, would you ever consider growing a chin sporran?
Well I currently haven't shaved for about a months as I am in training and it's only just got over the bum fluff stage haha. Think it would take some time if I was to attempt it haha
11) Oh aye. Feed back on Cahoonas. Have you worn em? Do they feel alright?
Yeah fine mate.
Yeah they are good I really like them. Really comfortable.